First the most important change I can find in the patch notes;
- Characters can now be reorganized at the Character Selection screen. This feature not yet fully functional and the reorganization of characters doesn't save at this time. You mean I can put all my characters that I raid on at the top instead of spread out among my 10 slots! That makes way too much sense!
- Critical healing strikes for +100% instead of +50%. This helps all healers, but remember with the 20-second Word of Glory cooldown added in 4.1 this actually helps a lot because I crit quite a bit with Word of Glory.
- Many crowd control abilities no longer cause creatures to attack players when they are cast. The creature will not attack the player when the crowd control wears off, and nearby creatures will not become hostile to the player either. However, if a visible player gets too close to the target creature, the creature will remember and attack the player when the crowd control effect wears off. The intent is to make it easier for dungeon groups to manage crowd control assignments and pulling packs of hostile NPCs. The abilities affected by this change are: Hibernate, Entangling Roots, Wyvern Sting (will still cause hostility when it begins to deal damage), Freezing Trap, Polymorph, Repentance, Shackle Undead, Blind, Hex, Bind Elemental, Banish, Seduction.
- My question is why not Fear? I guess Warlocks get messed, but this is good news for groups in heroic 5 mans trying to actually use Crowd Control.
Full Paladin Changes
- Divine Light mana cost has been increased to 35% of base mana, up from 30%.
- Flash of Light mana cost has been increased to 31% of base mana, up from 27%.
- Holy Light mana cost has been increased to 12% of base mana, up from 10%.
- Talent Specializations
- Going to cost more to heal, Flash of light is not really used anyways so it just because worse to use.
- Using the 1 minute 20% less damage cooldown now helps you sprint as well. Looks like I'll use it more when running back after a wipe. In all seriousness the speed factor is good for getting out of certain situations such as Breath attacks and AoE attacks that target near the healer. Oh and the 10 second less cooldown for Holy Radiance is nice.
- Only thing worth noting here is that when you cast judgement the proc for Judgements of the Wise kicks in. This also is helpful because remember in 4.1 they made Judgements work while silenced.
- I guess nothing is broken with Retribution right? Right? Hopefully they will do something to Ret to give Retribution Paladins something to look forward to.