Today I want to cover some of the changes for our furry fuzzy tanky types, so follow the jumping jump.
Full Notes from Source
Druids now gain 1 attack power per point of Strength, down from 2. They continue to gain 2 attack power per point of Agility while in Cat Form or Bear Form. This was due to bears scaling too well at high levels of gear in Firelands. The basic idea behind this was to lower percentage based damage and increase base damages to compensate. In theory this will mean if you continued to tank the same content with the same gear you would not notice any difference. This also means that bears will not have a scale advantage on the other tanks come higher iLevels. We're still better looking however.
Innervate now grants an ally target 5% of his or her maximum mana over 10 seconds, but still grants 20% of the druid's maximum mana over 10 seconds when self-cast. Just a small nerf to our raid utility. I say small because it wasn't really worth a damn to start for us ferals. 20% of a feral druids mana is hardly enough to cast one spell with the awesome mana pools healers are sporting today.
Feral Bear Specific
Many of these changes are happening to offset that scaling issue we talked about earlier. Like I previously stated, the dynamic of the changes are to decrease the changes of an imbalance at higher item levels without hurting the current levels of performance. If it works Blizzard scores a genius point back.
- Faerie Fire (Feral) base damage has been raised to 2950, up from 679. Attack power scaling has been decreased to 10.8%, down from 15%.
- Maul base damage has been raised to 35, up from 8. Attack power scaling has been decreased to 19%, down from 26.4%.
- Pulverize weapon damage percent has been decreased to 60%, down from 80%. Damage per Lacerate application has been increased to 1623, up from 361.
- Mangle (Bear) weapon damage percent has been decreased to 190%, down from 260%. Bonus damage has been increased to 3306, down from 754.
- Swipe base damage has been increased to 929, up from 215. Attack power scaling has been decreased to 12.3%, down from 17.1%.
- Thrash initial base damage has been increased to 1042, up from 339. Initial damage attack power scaling has been decreased to 9.82%, down from 19.2%. Periodic base damage has been increased to 581, up from 189. Periodic damage attack power scaling has been decreased to 1.67%, down from 3.26%. In addition, a bug was corrected where armor decreased the periodic damage done by this ability.
- Lacerate initial base damage has been increased to 3608, up from 2089. Initial damage attack power scaling has been decreased to 5.52%, down from 7.66%. Periodic base damage has been increased to 69, up from 16. Periodic damage attack power scaling has been decreased to 0.369%, down from 0.512%.
- Natural Reaction damage reduction has been increased to 9/18%, up from 6/12%.
In summation, bears are not really getting many changes this patch. There is a simple goal (to slow down scaling at higher item levels) that requires many small, math based changes to many core abilities. This indicates that Blizzard is happy with where we are at this point and time. The balancing act is when they try and bring other classes in line with us, which is about as easy as juggling 4 eggs while riding a unicycle.We'll just see what the future holds.
Until next time stay furry my friends!